We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

We have booked a week in August at the Hyatt via a travel agent ( i.e. A third party) we received an email to say they are doing renovations during July-November. To include refurbishing and decorating the bedrooms, relocating and refurbishing the lobby reception,bar and restaurant.

So I'm gutted as it sounds major.

We have been offered to move to anywhere else available to the travel company or a refund to rebook ourselves .

We had a 2 bed suit booked , the only thing we have been offered is 2x 1 bed suites at the Marriott

Or if we book ourselves we can get a 2 bed suite at the sandpearl but it will cost us about $ 1000 more which we don't really have.

So I'm not sure what my question is but does anyone have any thoughts about the hotels mentioned? Is it worth trying to stick with the Hyatt and trusting they will try not to inconvenience guests too much?

We are a family with 3 kids 7,14 and 14 and wanted a suite because the 14 yr olds just don't get on and the 7 yr old still likes to go to sleep early! We also had a kitchen and washer to cut down on meals out and luggage.

We are paying about $ 4000 for a week at the Hyatt and intended to rest there between trips to Orlando and Washington.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

Hi I would send a polite email to the hotel enquiring about the renovations, and what impact it may have on your stay. Tell them you are concerned about noise and disruption and would it impact on facilities such as pool or restaurants?

I'm sure they will do their best to reassure you after all you are cash to them.

If you are still undecided, I would look at different hotels.

What date in august are you looking at? Only I do think the price you quote is really high...

yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

I reread your post again..

Have a look at the sand pearls own Web site or price up via BA or virgins hotel only.

I would also try travel Republic. .as I said above. ..I do think the price is steep.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
19,275 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

The Marriott Suites are not actually in Clearwater Beach but over the bridge in Sand Key. We have stayed there quite few times. The suites are nice enough and each one has a balcony that overlooks Clearwater Bay where sightings of dolphins etc are common. The living room has a sofa bed and there are two queen beds in the bedroom. Have a look at the website to get a better idea...if you haven't already done that!

The thing is with two suites, you would have to be in one with one or two of the children and your husband in the other with the other child, as they can not be in a suite by themselves. The suites do not have any connecting doors.

I hope you manage to find somewhere to stay.

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

I've tried the hotel and they have said they can't say but will do their best to limit disruption.

That is the amount the company will refund us , the sandpearl is $ 800 per night plus taxes

yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

Did you manage to shop around for the sand pearl? You could also try the sand opal or the hilton both are in clearwater beach.

Good luck

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

Yes decided to move swapped things round a bit and reduced days at Clearwater and booked into the sandpearl, very relieved now !

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

For future reference- another option would be the brand new Wyndham Grand-very good looking hotel.

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

I tried that , it looks amazing and a friend was there last week but it only had queen rooms left so nothing suitable . Thanks though

yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

Glad you got sorted in the end.

The sand pearl looks georgous.

We're staying there ourselves next month.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
4,507 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: Hyatt Regency renovations may spoil my holiday

I think you could find a 3 bedroom beachfront condo in a community south of Clearwater for less than half of what you are paying for the hotel.

Get answers to your questions about Clearwater