We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Hello,

We are looking at doing 3 nights in Clearwater in November, a break from Orlando. As its a special Holiday (my 30th) we were wanting a hotel on the beach. I have been to the Tiki Bar outside the Hilton but never inside either hotel and the Hilton was where i was definetly thinking to stay, however I am hearing that the Hilton isn't that great for the money. Our Budget isn't endless so would like to get views on peoples experiences and opinions? Many Thanks

14 replies to this topic
Spokane Valley...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

hi! has anyone stayed at both and stayed at the Hilton since the big remodel this spring? i have reservation at both and still trying to decide. Taking husband and 16 year old and 9 year old. about $300 more for the three nights at Sandpearl! thanks!!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Hi a word of caution for anyone thinking of booking the sandpearl. We are currently there now. I booked a bay view king but arrived to get a view of the garbage bins smelling of fish. Next room given overlooked a noisy generator. Next room given was a wraparound balcony but we had to peer around a wall to see water, below was the busy street. Four attempt we were finally given a bay front suite. It was very upsetting having to stand my ground with the manager. All I wanted was the room I booked. So be warned..

Also..someone posted that it wasv $300 more to stay for 3 nights..Thats not true. Add on daily service charge of $25.

Add on $25 per day for valet parking (no choice)

Add on $25 plus tax if you want an umbrella on the beach per day...

I strongly suggest you look at the sand opal..

Sand opal.

Edited: 19 May 2017, 03:08
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Opal Sands and Sandpearl are owned by the same company and have similar charges. I suggest to anyone to thoroughly read the "fine print" before booking any property so you are not surprised with fees.

Too bad about the views at SP. One nice thing about O.S. is that all rooms face the gulf, not a bad view anywhere!

Parking is charged only if you have a vehicle and need to park. We always uber so no car, no rental, no fees.

Opal Sands doesn't have a beach so no charge for umbrella. However walking out directly to the south end of the beach you will be charged by the vendors for umbrellas or cabanas. At $30/day for protection with a cabana I gladly pay as it's cheap insurance for us with fair skin!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

I think its a trade off really whether a view is important..if so then opal sands can't fail.

It is directly across from the beach so you will get collared by the vendors for chairs and umbrellas.. in this heat you'll fry without.

However, the SP has its own beach so can't get my head why they can justify such a hike to use the umbrellas there. The pool is free and very full today, yet that beautiful beach was virtually empty.

Apparently it's to stop people blocking beds both at the beach and pool. Surely there's a better way without charging its guests?

Reply to: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater