We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Hello,

We are looking at doing 3 nights in Clearwater in November, a break from Orlando. As its a special Holiday (my 30th) we were wanting a hotel on the beach. I have been to the Tiki Bar outside the Hilton but never inside either hotel and the Hilton was where i was definetly thinking to stay, however I am hearing that the Hilton isn't that great for the money. Our Budget isn't endless so would like to get views on peoples experiences and opinions? Many Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Add Opal Sands, it's in the Sandpearl family, to the mix. For a special occasion it's a great place to stay. It's new, a bit pricey but worth it imho. The rooms all have gulf views and are well appointed. We love it.

Edited: 06 February 2017, 20:41
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

I have looked at opal sands and it looks fantastic! it just might be a little out of our price range unfortunately :(

Marshall mn
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

No question the Sandpearl great pool with outdoor poolside bar Tates.bar and grill. The hotel is much more modern than hilton. I think Hilton kinda run down.

Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Thanks for your reply. Do you know with a standard king room what view I would get? And what are resort fees like?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Resort charge is $20/nt. Go to their website, insert your dates and you will see all room types and their views.

Oslo
Level Contributor
867 posts
383 reviews
6. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Yeah the Hilton needs a MAJOR overhaul or to be knocked down. Stayed there last year and it felt like I was there in the 1970s (I was as well LOL).

Use hotels.com and if you are patient you can find a decent rate.

Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

I have also been looking at the pier 60 hotel and beachview hotel, to me the beachview looks quite nice just across the street but it has had some bad reviews which has made it a lower rating. A lot are just down to construction work being noisy. Does anyone know about either of these? Many thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

The bad reviews are mainly for the food. I wouldn't let that be my guide.

Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

Is that for the Beachview hotel? We would be eating out anyway, trying the local bars and restaurants and the beachview seems the ideal location and the view looks great and it is fairly cheaper as it not directly on the beach....

Marshall mn
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: Sandpearl, Hilton or elsewhere?

We have been to Clearwater beach numerous times have visited most of the hotels we will omly stay at Sandpearl we love everything about hotel and is right on the beach. The pier 60 is actually quite nice and looked fairly clean has a rooftop bar which is ok not great. I think about half price of Sandpearl Beachview motel i would question but never seen rooms! Have a good trip and definitely walk down to Sandpearl have a drink by poolside bar and watch sunset!

Get answers to your questions about Clearwater