We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wabi Sabi Cottage & Cedar Key

New Wilmington...
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Wabi Sabi Cottage & Cedar Key

Wabi Sabi Cottage

My husband and I wanted a break from the cold and snow of PA and searched for a place in Florida where we could relax for a week. That search led us to Cedar Key on the Gulf Coast. It is a quiet, rural seaside village that has thus far escaped great quantities of the condo explosion and tourist invasion. There are a few restaurants and limited shopping. As part of the “Nature Coast” it seems that most folks go there for the birding and fishing experience. Everyone in the town is very friendly and helpful. I located “Wabi Sabi Cottage” and contacted Ada Lang the owner. Everything that she told me about the town and the cottage was true. The house is a refurbished “cracker cottage” with all of the charm left in. As soon as you enter you can feel its comfort and peaceful appeal. My husband enjoys cooking and was amazed at the extremely well stocked kitchen with all of the necessary cooking tools. In fact, we ate all of our evening meals “at home.” Just one block from the cottage is the town grocery store. It is well supplied with a good choice of wine, fresh vegetables, seafood, meat and bar-b-que take out. Each day we stopped at this friendly store and selected our evening meal.

The cottage bathroom is large and well equipped right down to a cozy terry cloth robe. A stackable washer and dryer makes packing lighter since it’s possible to “throw in” a load of clothes when needed. The living room is cozy with an over stuffed couch and chair. Ada has even added a shawl-type throw to snuggle in on chilly evenings. The entertainment center features a nice size TV with CD, DVD and VCR capabilities. Climbing the spiral staircase to the loft bedroom we found a very comfortable queen size bed and adequate storing space for clothes and suitcases. Outside on the wrap around porch there is a large wooden porch swing, table and chairs. The yard is small but does include a nice gas grill and perfectly placed chair to enjoy the morning sun. We had off street parking right at the back door. All in all Wabi Sabi cottage was a perfect choice for our week away from the cold. It would be hard to return to Cedar Key and not stay in this charming place. Thank you Ada for all of your considerate planning in developing Wabi Sabi.

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Wabi Sabi Cottage & Cedar Key

Rats someone else discovered our favorite hidden gem.....

Seriouly I'm glad you enjoyed Cedar Key. We get over there as often as we can.

Tampa
Level Contributor
4,843 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Wabi Sabi Cottage & Cedar Key

Fallsrun - Thanks for your review, I have not stayed at the cabin but I have seen it and have always wondered what it was like, sounds wonderful.

We LOVE Cedar Key, you should try and go for the October Seafood Festival, it is so much fun. They have a parade and lots of fresh seafood.

3. Re: Wabi Sabi Cottage & Cedar Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 03:50
Get answers to your questions about Cedar Key
Recent Conversations