We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bugginess

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Bugginess

How buggy is Cedar Key in May? We love the place, but last October we had to leave 2 days early. Just to many biting bugs out to enjoy anything. Is May better?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,601 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: Bugginess

There are 2 major factors as to bug population in Florida. Mild winters which tourists love are not good as the bugs & their eggs need a freeze or 2 to kill off some of them. Mother natures population control! And rain, if we get lots of rain the mosquitoes can really be fierce. May might be better as we haven't gotten to the rainy summer months yet but Cedar Key is an area with lots of woods, mangroves, etc for them to hide in. One can hope for some good breeze to come along and carry them away!

USA
Level Contributor
207 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Bugginess

We love Cedar Key and have visited many times. We have been there in March,May,and September,with the most recent visit in early May 2014. We arrived just after a cold front hit that brought a lot of rain. Our weather was gorgeous,but we did get bitten rather badly by the noseeums on our gulf-front balcony.I was surprised because it was quite breezy-but the bugs prevailed! I still can't wait to go back,but I will be prepared with OFF or some equivalent. Now,we were only bitten at dusk-never during the day. I think May is the perfect time to visit Cedar Key!

3. Re: Bugginess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2018, 18:48
Get answers to your questions about Cedar Key
Recent Conversations