We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

Missouri
Level Contributor
222 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

I'm brainstorming for next summer already . . . We were unable to take a vacation this year due to work schedules. Thinking of a cruise out of Port Canaveral and want to book early to reserve the cabin we want. We have cruised from there before, but this time we would be flying instead of driving down. What rental car companies are located near the Port and Cocoa Beach area? We would be flying in to Orlando-Sanford airport, renting a car, dropping it off in Cocoa Beach. After the cruise, we would need to get a rental car again for driving to Disney, then be able to drop it off at the airport. Is this workable? If not, I need to look at other possiblities. Thanks!

Trondheim, Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
91. Re: Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

Hi, do you have any experience with Alamo at Port Canaveral?

Trondheim, Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
92. Re: Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

Hi, do you have any experience with Alamo at Port Canaveral?

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
93. Re: Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

Alamo is not here. We have Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar and Enterprise. I am pretty sure Alamo is owned by or owns Enterprise so you may be able to go through them. All will shuttle you to/from the ship.

Waterloo, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
94. Re: Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

I found the office hour for rental company is normally between 7:00AM~6:00PM. If I return late and miss the shuttle, is there a taxi number I can call? How long should I wait for taxi to send me to the port? And how much do they charge? Thanks

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

We have many taxis here google M&H, Yellow or AAA. All will be close by and $10 should cover it.

Make sure the rental has a drop box. I know Avis does.

BRAMPTON
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
96. Re: Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

Call Budget. Great pricing and NO late drop pff Fee.. Take a Taxi back to the Cruise terminal ($8.00). Budget will give the phone number for the Taxi.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

I think they were talking about after they close.

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
98. Re: Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

Whatever you do -- DON'T USE DOLLAR/THRIFTY! They are slimy with their bait and switch tactics!

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
99. Re: Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

Well I guess you had a bad experience. Tell us more.

Owosso, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
100. Re: Rental Car Places Near Port Canaveral

My wife & I will be crusing from Port Canaveral for 4 days. We've already reserved a rental car from Orlando airport to PC on the 22nd. I've read thru many of the posts here & it seems that Avis may the way to go for a 1-way rental back. Do you know of any extra return fees? Would it be better ($35/pp) to take the shuttle back to the airport than a rental car?

And all the car rental companies offer free shuttle service to & from the boat?

We're looking to save @ $20 each (hopefully) by doing this. Good idea?