We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post Irma Updates

Indianapolis, Ind.
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Post Irma Updates

Anyone have any information on the situation in Bonita Springs after Irma? We have a rental for the week of Sept 24 and are very concerned about what we might encounter there. Just how much a departure from "normal" should we expect to see?

Thanks for any info.

Mentioned in this post
Bonita Springs
Bonita Springs
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
13 replies to this topic
Bethel, Connecticut
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Post Irma Updates

I have friends in Bonita Springs and my heart breaks for them. Still have 2 feet of water outside their door and running a generator. Concerning that various people that don't belong in the neighborhood slowly driving thru looking to snatch up (yes steal) anything not tied down. Not getting much support from the town. Should there be a robbery nobody would come out to help due to conditions.

Mentioned in this post
Bonita Springs
Bonita Springs
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Dayton, Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Post Irma Updates

Do I understand that you are near the preserve? How did it fare? It's one of my favorite places in the world. Thanks in advance.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Post Irma Updates

Does anyone have any info on how much damage if any the Flamingo Motel in Bonita Springs suffered during and after Irma? We're not coming until February 2018 but concerned about flood-related things like mold in rooms.

Mentioned in this post
Flamingo Motel
Flamingo Motel
201 Reviews
Bonita Springs, FL
Bonita Springs
Bonita Springs
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Reply to: Post Irma Updates
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bonita Springs
Recent Conversations