We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabino

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Sabino

Anyone done the Sabino steamboat cruise from Mystic seaport? Does it go under the drawbridge in town? 2 hr or just the 1/2 hour? Recommendations appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Mystic Seaport Museum
Mystic Seaport Museum
2,855 Reviews
Mystic, CT
5 replies to this topic
conn
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabino

The sailings seem to have changed I don't think the 1/2 hour cruise goes under the drawbridge. The Sabino has been out of service for a couple of years so no one will have had any recent experience. Sorry but it is a very nice trip.

RI
Level Contributor
115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabino

The Sabino was running last summer and it was great! The half hour cruise goes around the Seaport and has a tour guide narrate the sights. The downriver cruises just let you relax and enjoy, though you can talk to the captain and staff about the boat and sights. There are now both 90 minute and 2-hour downriver cruises, both of which are wonderful. Bring a picnic or a bottle of wine. Fun to go down and watch the steam engine work or just relax and enjoy the views. The steam engine makes it glide almost silently.

The half-hour cruises require Seaport admission, the 90 minute and two-hour cruises do not require Seaport admission.

Edited: 25 May 2018, 04:04
Mentioned in this post
Mystic Seaport Museum
Mystic Seaport Museum
2,855 Reviews
Mystic, CT
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabino

Thanks so much for the great info. I am excited to ride on the Sabino!

Westport...
Level Contributor
223 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sabino

Update: I saw the Sabino cruising near Noank last evening around 5 or so - definitely south of the bridge. If you’d like a sweet memento of her, go Finer Line art gallery downtown (corner of W. Main and Pearl) and pick up a framed etching of her, done my a local artist.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sabino

Thanks so much

Reply to: Sabino
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted