We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystic,Ct in January

1 post
1 review
Mystic,Ct in January

We're planning a trip to New England in Jan. 2018. Any recommendations for things to do, places to stay, etc. Thanks!

1 reply
Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
122 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Mystic,Ct in January

There are two areas I would suggest to stay, downtown Mystic or the Seaport/Aquarium area. The Aquarium area has a lot of hotels. Downtown I would suggest The Whalers Inn. The two main tourist attractions are the Mystic Seaport and Mystic Aquarium. Both are really cool. The tickets for the Seaport are good for two days. Just walking around the downtown Mystic area is fun. If you like craft beer, Beerd at the Velvet Mill in Stonington is excellent. My favorite pubs are the Harp and Hound and Friar Tucks. If you drive down to the point at he end of Stonington Village, that is a good place to get views of the water. The submarine museum at the Navy base is very cool (and free!) and is one place we often take family that visit. I guess it really depends on your interests. We have lived here for 23 years and love it here. There are a lot of good restaurants and if you tell us your preferences we can give suggestions.

Reply to: Mystic,Ct in January
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mystic