We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Join in tour or do my own?

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Join in tour or do my own?

I am in Portland in business next week and have a free day on Saturday and will be by myself. I would like to go to the valley then and was wondering if you thought one of the join in tours is the best way or self guided? I do like to make sure I am hitting great wineries and have done a self tour before and am totally fine with tasting and spitting and being able to drive as I have done that several times in California. I am more interested in tasting to buy or order later, not getting inebriated. But if there was a join in tour that really focused on great wine from smaller producers, I would do that also. Thoughts? And if you have any winery suggestions that fit the bill, let me know! Thanks!

1 reply
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Join in tour or do my own?

If it were me, I would do a self-guided tour. If you join a tour, you may be going to wineries that are so-so, rather than those that are of interest to you and your tastebuds.

You can find information on the various wineries on the Oregon Wine Boards site.

https://visit.oregonwine.org

Reply to: Join in tour or do my own?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Willamette Valley