We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danbury in November

3 posts
Save Topic
Danbury in November

End of November. Heading into New York and wanting to explore surrounding CT. Renting a car for 4 days out of La Guardia. Railroad museum looks interesting, quilt shops would be too. Appreciate any tips.

Mentioned in this post
4 replies to this topic
CT, USA
Level Contributor
179 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Danbury in November

You’re on the right track. There’s wine in them thar hills. Hopkins and Degrazia , Litchfield, lake waramug, and Kent are a few of the scenic spots which can be shimmering in the fallen leaves display in November.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
368 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Danbury in November

The end of November might make for a precarious road trip. There is often snow and very icy conditions in CT at that time of the year. You could train from NYC into CT and avoid the dangers of driving. Also the leaves will be gone and frankly I think it can be rather bleak as far as scenery. Not sure you would spend enough time at the Railroad museum to warrant a possible dangerous drive. If you still want to drive then check it out. I know there is a quilt shop in Newtown, CT not far from Danbury and I think there is one in Monroe which is also not far from Danbury.

Mentioned in this post
Danbury
Danbury
Connecticut
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,560 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Danbury in November

If you are going to Danbury you might be interested in the local history museum.

https://danburymuseum.org/

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Danbury in November

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with Jeanne about the end of Nov having snow "often" and "very icy conditions" in Connecticut.

Over the past 20 years I can only recall accumulating snow on or before Thanksgiving twice in southwest CT. It's certainly possible, but it's rare. And in terms of ice, you can have overnight freezes, but without significant snowfall and in the absence of many days of consecutive sub freezing days, I don't believe you'll encounter dangerous ice conditions during daytime hours. And frankly, New England states, including CT, are good at keeping the roads safe even in the middle of winter.

So I wouldn't avoid your planned trip because of weather concerns.

Mentioned in this post
Connecticut
Connecticut
United States
New England
New England
United States
Reply to: Danbury in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted