We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Chop House

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
The Chop House

Hi guys,

First time in Telluride this winter (December 27th - Jan 4th) and have to say, am over the moon we picked this as a destination! Want to thank the forum posters too for assisting me with the all empowering question - Town or Mountain Village!!??? We went for Town of course...

Just a quick one, I went to book The Chop House yesterday for the night of the 28th December but looks like it's fully booked already. Is it worth checking Open Table every day for cancellations or will my search be in vain?

Is it also worth calling them to see if they have any extra availability? I see from the site though that they are not open for the winter season yet...

Thanks ever so much guys

Mentioned in this post
Telluride
Telluride
Colorado
Chop House Restaurant
Chop House Restaurant
500 Reviews
Telluride, CO
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,951 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Chop House

Between Christmas and New Years is the busiest time of year. Won't hurt to check, could also call and ask them to call you if they get a cancellation. Have you called?? Some places have openings that they don't show on Open Table, for the people that don't use that.

As an alternative, try 221 S. Oak, I find that to be the best restaurant in town. Not red meat heavy like Chop House tho.

Mentioned in this post
Chop House Restaurant
Chop House Restaurant
500 Reviews
Telluride, CO
Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Chop House

I would definitely call. They probably keep a wait list when they get cancellations. A call is going to give you a better chance of getting a reservation than open table in my experience (in general not with this specific restaurant).

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
434 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Chop House

I've dined there and they're are pretty good. Awesome location too. Bon-appetit!

4. Re: The Chop House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2016, 10:46