We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to visit in the summer

chicago
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
25 reviews
when to visit in the summer

ive been a few times in the winter to ski but this will be my first summer visit

traveling with an adventurous 7 year old

is there a certain festival or time you would recommend for us to visit between june 20th and labor day?

combining with a concert at red rocks, visiting friends in evergreen and boulder

Colorado
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: when to visit in the summer

July and August are warmer than June and Sept.

Would need to know more about what you like to suggest a fest. Mushroom is good (mid-late August), Ride Fest (mid July) has good music.There are smaller fests most weekends. It is also fun to be there when there is no festival. It is a great summer location. I would go anytime after July 4th and before end of August.

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
460 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: when to visit in the summer

ANY time between May 20th-Sept 20th is a pretty safe bet for Telluride.

I would avoid any of the big music festival weekends with the young'uns though.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,192 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: when to visit in the summer

The Bluegrass Festival is about the 3rd week of June (I don't know the exact dates for 2016), town will be jam packed then. Probably not the best time to visit, not a great crowd to have around kids, in many cases.

chicago
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: when to visit in the summer

Thanks. The hot air balloon and film festival would be my picks but the dates don't work. I think we will pick weekdays without a fest to avoid the crowds.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,192 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: when to visit in the summer

Your son would most likely enjoy.....

www.ridewithroudy.com

http://www.ahhaa.org

In the summer they have children's programs. He may want to do one and free you up to do something alone for a few hours.

Edited: 24 September 2015, 03:42
chicago
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: when to visit in the summer

What about the 4th of July? Is it super crowded?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,482 posts
178 reviews
7. Re: when to visit in the summer

4th of July is crowded but nothing like Bluegrass Festival, and it is a lot of fun.

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
460 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: when to visit in the summer

The 4th of July is about as crowded as this town gets all summer actually. But it's only for one day.

9. Re: when to visit in the summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Telluride
Recent Conversations