We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with which condo?

Chesapeake, Va.
Level Contributor
37 posts
Help with which condo?

My husband and I are traveling to Colorado for the 1st time in the fall. We plan on staying 5 nights in Telluride. We are trying to decide between two very nice properties, The Villas at Cortina and Elkstone 21. Having a great view is important to us. Is one positioned better than the other for view? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,450 posts
178 reviews
1. Re: Help with which condo?

Have you decided on lodging yet? I'm not familiar with either of those properties. However, we took a drive to Telluride yesterday and my husband showed me one of his recommendations for a view: See Forever Village at The Peaks. https:/…

I forgot to write down the properties you were considering, so didn't drive by them.

Whichever property you choose, the view might be dependent on the location and orientation of the particular unit, so you might ask to see photos of the units you're interested in.

Edited: 07 March 2017, 02:50
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,170 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Help with which condo?

Both of these locations are in Mountain Village and not in the town of Telluride, if that makes any difference to you. You can still get to Telluride easily by car or by the gondola. There is a gondola station very close to the Elkstone location.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,450 posts
178 reviews
3. Re: Help with which condo?

Endosunshine, do you know which would have the best fall views?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,170 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Help with which condo?

Both seem to have good potential, but I'm sure that it probably depends on the unit. I had a serious leg injury at the beginning of December, so we had to cancel our Christmas trip to Telluride and also had to cancel the February trip. I probably won't be able to go back until August. So unfortunately, I can't take a look at the locations.

Chesapeake, Va.
Level Contributor
37 posts
5. Re: Help with which condo?

Thank you so much for the information, after talking to the management company, they assured me Elkstone had great views, so we booked it.

Chesapeake, Va.
Level Contributor
37 posts
6. Re: Help with which condo?

Yes, I booked Elkstone, it's near the gondola and supposedly has great views, thank you for your help.

7. Re: Help with which condo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2018, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Telluride
Recent Conversations