We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Board and Ski rentals?

elshurko
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Board and Ski rentals?

We're staying at Torium Plum next week for the week and rented boards and skis from Terry Sports last year. Equipment (bindings) broke for two people in our group on the top of the mtn. Not sure if it was a fluke but their gear seemed pretty beat up.

Looking to see what you recommend for renting boards and skis for intermediate skill level near the gondola area.

Edited: 14 February 2016, 04:24
Colorado
Level Contributor
12,691 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Board and Ski rentals?

My family rents from Christy Sports.

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Board and Ski rentals?

I would suggest Powder Pursuits. They have great quality equipment.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
558 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Board and Ski rentals?

I'll be curious to know where you ended up renting and how it goes. We are staying at Torian Plum in March and I saw some pretty bad reviews on Terry's also, so was wondering what the next convenient place might be as well. If you remember and can report back on that and any other tips for staying at Torian Plum that would be awesome!

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Board and Ski rentals?

Ski Haus has excellent equipment. They also have a free shuttle.

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Board and Ski rentals?

ski haus is great too! I have rented from there many times.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
560 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Board and Ski rentals?

If you want close to the Torian Plum, I would suggest Ski and Sport in the Sheraton. A little farther away, Christy Sports is always a good option. Ski Haus is great but it is about 1.5 miles from where you are staying so you would have to store your skis at the Torian in your ski storage area.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
558 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Board and Ski rentals?

How was your trip and I'm curious where you ended up renting and how it went? We'll be at Torian Plum on 3/17-3/20 so if you have any other suggestions and would be willing to share that would be great!

8. Re: Board and Ski rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2017, 10:46