We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabloonik

Colorado
Level Contributor
335 posts
2 reviews
Krabloonik
Save

This should be the end of the line for Krabloonik

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/krabloonik-draws-attention-of-state-local-authorities-after-complaints/

6 replies to this topic
Colorado
Level Contributor
18,996 posts
70 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Krabloonik
Save

Thank goodness! Unbelievable how long it took/takes to shut down a horrific business. It is well documented that they beat dogs with lead pipes, chains, deprived them of food and shelter. People here still promoted that business. A special place in hell reserved for everyone associated and promoted that organization through decades!

Yucaipa, California
Level Contributor
262 posts
2. Re: Krabloonik
Save

One could say that their company went ‘krabloonik’!

On a more serious note, no person should ever treat an animal like that. Just cruel…

Colorado
Level Contributor
18,996 posts
70 reviews
65 helpful votes
3. Re: Krabloonik
Save

Another former Krabloonik musher, Curtis Hungate, stated that, “once I pulled into the kennel, and my lead dog attacked a puppy – in front of the guests. Well once the guests left the yard, Dan (MacEachen) came over and picked up the puppy and set it in front of the dog that attacked it. And it attacked it again, and he started hitting it with the chain. And he hit it with the chain until it dropped the puppy.”

Those photographs show sled dogs in chains. Some appear painfully thin, with visible ribs, while others display signs of infection."

Just two examples. too many more, but I need to vomit before I share more.

Yeah not funny.

Edited: 25 February 2022, 04:46
Colorado
Level Contributor
18,996 posts
70 reviews
65 helpful votes
4. Re: Krabloonik
Save

If you are interested this is the Krablookin number that you may to call for further information or comments 970-923-3953.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
125 reviews
239 helpful votes
5. Re: Krabloonik
Save

I will never ever recommend dog sledding, even with 'reputable' companies. It's using dogs for profit, and I think that's sickening. I'll never understand why people want and enjoy that as part of their vacation. It's no different than Sea World or any dolphin discovery type place or even the circus and horse racing/dog racing. Using animals for profit is just wrong IMO. YMMV

Mercer Island...
Level Contributor
8,515 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Krabloonik
Save

Agree with you, Gotama. The customers who use these services are just as much of a problem as the people that run them. Whale watching tours here are little better.

Reply to: Krabloonik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village