We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowmass lodging

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Snowmass lodging
Save

Hi All, looking for some help with lodging choices. we are coming to Snowmass with a family of 5 (kids ages 9, 6 and 4) in March 2022, and are looking at Limelight, Viewline (remodeled Westin), and surrounding condos. We’ll be using the ski school so easy access (walking) to that is important as is proximity to restaurants etc, and nice heated pool. I was originally set on limelight, but wondering if the newly remodeled Viewline will be a better/nicer alternative at about the same price as limelight?

Or should we think about the condos as well? Which condos would be considered the nicest with the best location based on my needs? We are not looking to cook meals so a kitchen is not essential. We hope to not have to rent a car and plan to shuttle to the other mountains and aspen for dinner options, etc. Any recommendations and insights would be appreciated! Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Colorado
Level Contributor
292 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Snowmass lodging
Save

The childrens ski center, Collective (game room and activities) and Elk Camp gondola are at Base Village. Limelight is more convenient to those uses. Hayden and Capitol condos are also there and are nice. Base Village was really set up with families like yours in mind to minimize schlepping.

Haven't seen the remodel at the Viewline but read good things about it. It is on the mall which has mostly level access to some dining, shopping, bowling, and ski rentals.

There is a ground gondola (Skittles) that connects Base Village and the mall so you could make either work. Overall, I would give BV the nod.

I know you don't want to cook but it sure is nice to be able to grab cereal or bagels in the am or a snack in the afternoon when someone needs a rest.

No need to rent a car, they are more of a hassle than not. You will not run out of ski runs in SV but it might be fun to try Buttermilk too with youngsters.

Bus to Aspen runs from the mall and Base Village so no big difference there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
2. Re: Snowmass lodging
Save

Thanks so much! Very helpful! One follow-up, would the stonebridge or aspenwood condos be further away and more of a hike for the kids? Thanks!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
292 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Snowmass lodging
Save

In general, most condos in SV are pretty easy to get in and out of for skiers. It is getting gear, to lessons and dining that give more of an edge. The resort was built to spoil skiers. So everything is on a scale of how easy. Stonebridge is a little easier than Aspenwood IMO

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
5,113 posts
69 reviews
33 helpful votes
4. Re: Snowmass lodging
Save

Violet, you can pull the area up on Google Earth / Google Maps zoom in and search for lodging by name (or you can search by something generic like grocery store, ski shop, restaurant, condominiums, etc.). That way you can see the relationship between it and ski runs, lifts, restaurants, etc.

Also you can get walking / driving / biking / public transportation directions between any two points

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
137 reviews
88 helpful votes
5. Re: Snowmass lodging
Save

Violetbeach, how was your trip? I have the same question about lodging for early June. Where did you end up staying and did you enjoy it? I'm currently booked for a condo at Interlude. It doesn't have AC and a recent airbnb experience is making me do more research about places before we stay. I want to make sure we get a condo or hotel that isn't totally outdated. Any suggestions about your trip are welcome! We are going for the summer so will be doing a lot of hiking and biking.

Thanks!

Lauren

Reply to: Snowmass lodging
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.