We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough Dining Options?

Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
Enough Dining Options?
Save

We are headed to snowmass village in March and I see they are only at a level orange meaning 25% capacity for restaurants. I am worried we will not be able to find food as I heard it’s been a problem for travelers.

9 replies to this topic
Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
14 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Enough Dining Options?
Save

I think if you are coming from Florida you will be surprised at the limited capacity. They are making a great effort to serve as many as possible outdoors in addition to indoor dining.

Snowmass is already limited in restaurants IMO.

However, the City Market there is pretty upscale. We typically just dine in at our condo. Plan your meals around reserved restaurants and picking up meals at the market. They have a Starbucks and a breakfast burrito place (Fuel Cafe).

Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,593 posts
2. Re: Enough Dining Options?
Save

You will find food, it may be difficult to get a table and you may be doing takeout. But you will find food. Aspen is only 10 15 minutes away giving you more options.

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
106 reviews
78 helpful votes
3. Re: Enough Dining Options?
Save

You might mean, Clarks Market. There is a City Market in Aspen.

Every restaurant that I am aware of has carry out. If you make reservations in advance there is an opportunity for dine in for those who so choose. The lunch venues on the mountain have an app for ordering or dining reservations.

That said, it could change in March for all that any of us know but the trends are headed in a better direction right now. I do not know what FLA is like but masks are required here and capacity is limited based on current levels.

For SV updates, see https://www.tosv.com/495/COVID-19-UPDATES

Edited: 1 year ago
Washington DC
Level Contributor
8,360 posts
68 reviews
65 helpful votes
4. Re: Enough Dining Options?
Save

For heaven's sake, you aren't going to starve to death or have to forage in the wilderness.

You can buy food in stores like lots of other people do or takeout, what's the big problem. I haven't been in a s restaurant in a year, and somehow I'm still alive and yes, I've taken some trips, also, including to ski resorts.

Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Enough Dining Options?
Save

In south Florida masks everywhere but capacity is normal. Every county is different.

Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Enough Dining Options?
Save

No need to be rude. I ask because we didn’t plan on renting a car and there is only one store in Snowmass so better to be prepared ahead of time.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17,969 posts
70 reviews
63 helpful votes
7. Re: Enough Dining Options?
Save

“Masks everywhere in Florida” Yeah, right. I’m in Florida right now and I’ve never seen so many unmasked people. See video below for proof. I went to the front door of that place in Naples last week and made a quick U-turn. The owner is a total moron.

PS....I used to work and live in Snowmass with no car. It’s easy to find food.

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/video-of-maskless-grocery-store-in-naples-sparks-debate?_amp=true

Naalehu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
90 reviews
50 helpful votes
8. Re: Enough Dining Options?
Save

ChristinaW, no need to be so rude. I'm sure that Lori felt she had valid concerns, and if you couldn't answer her question then it would be best to just move along. At least if you have some suggestions, then be more polite with your answers.

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
106 reviews
78 helpful votes
9. Re: Enough Dining Options?
Save

If you are staying near the mall or Base Village, where the most dining options are, there is a ground gondola (Skittles) to easy get from one to the other (it is a significant grade change). If you are not in either of those areas, then there is a shuttle bus system:

https://www.snowmasstransit.com/133/Routes-Schedules

There are also regional buses to and from Aspen that run frequently that you can catch at Base Village or the Mall.

Reply to: Enough Dining Options?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.