We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowmass Thanksgiving 2020

Dallas
9 posts
Snowmass Thanksgiving 2020
Save

Hi all,

I apologize for the similarity to another recent thread, but our family is considering a trip to Snowmass for Thanksgiving week (11/24-28) and I was hoping for your help.

I understand the lifts open 11/26. We actually were not planning on skiing and looking for more hiking/enjoying the outdoors. We found a ground-level ski-in/ski-out condo that looked good for letting the kids run around outside (ages 4 & 6), enjoying the fire pit, and doing some local short hikes. We have spent summers in the area and enjoyed it, I am just not sure how different things will be on this shoulder season/early beginning of ski season.

It sounds like there would be artificial snow on the ski runs? If there is some artificial snow for the kids to play in, that might be fun because they have never experienced snow before- but I imagine that might not be allowed with skiiers around?? I guess we go down to the base for that?

Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated. TIA!

Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,576 posts
1. Re: Snowmass Thanksgiving 2020
Save

After the runs close they could walk out on a run.

Could be some real snow around. Might not. Be prepared for mud and snow if you want to hike. You might need traction devices.

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
106 reviews
78 helpful votes
2. Re: Snowmass Thanksgiving 2020
Save

See what the mountain reported in previous years at:

https://www.onthesnow.com/colorado/aspen-snowmass/historical-snowfall.html?&y=2018&q=top

3. Re: Snowmass Thanksgiving 2020

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.