We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viceroy or Limelight

Jog Road, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
19 reviews
7 helpful votes
Viceroy or Limelight
Save

My wife and I are planning to stay in Snowmass for 3 nights around Thanksgiving. I am deciding between the viceroy and limelight hotels. Pricing being equal. The viceroy I get breakfast and $100 towards the spa but limelight appears to have larger room and seems to be more in the heart of the village. We have never been to Snowmass. Please help me with decision on where to stay between these two. Thank you in advance!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17,969 posts
70 reviews
63 helpful votes
1. Re: Viceroy or Limelight
Save

I’ve only stayed at the Limelights in Aspen and Ketchum, ID. I would be amazed if the Viceroy one upped them. You can’t lose with either choice.

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
604 posts
171 reviews
98 helpful votes
2. Re: Viceroy or Limelight
Save

I have not stayed at either but am familiar with the locations. As you noted, the Limelight’s location is right at the base village. Several restaurants would be right at your doorstep, as well as the gondola and village express lift. and you would have easy access to the skycab to take you up to the village mall. When I was last there in February, there was still lots of construction happening closer to the viceroy and it is down/around the road a bit from the main base area. Although you can ski in/ski out to Assay Hill. If it was me, I’d choose the limelight.

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
106 reviews
78 helpful votes
3. Re: Viceroy or Limelight
Save

I would go with Limelight, I prefer the location. Both are well run hotels.

2 posts
4. Re: Viceroy or Limelight
Save

It depends if you want a full service experience or just a place to stay. The Viceroy is two levels of quality higher than the Limelight. Don't let the proximity/location worry you as the Viceroy runs shuttles and cars anywhere you want to go on a regular basis. Also, Base Village is highly walkable and nothing is far away. The spa, restaurant, pool, and other amenities are far better at the Viceroy. The Limelight is more for the budget-conscious. The Viceroy is an experience. Regardless of your choice - have a great trip!

2 posts
5. Re: Viceroy or Limelight
Save

Without having stayed at the Viceroy, you should do so, because the Viceroy Snowmass (and the brand in general) runs circles around the standard hotel that is the Limelight. I have stayed at both, and like both, but they really should not be compared unless you are comparing the Waldorf to a high end Marriott or Hyatt concept.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17,969 posts
70 reviews
63 helpful votes
6. Re: Viceroy or Limelight
Save

"The Limelight is more for the budget-conscious." Yeah, $850 a night. Give me a break.

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
106 reviews
78 helpful votes
7. Re: Viceroy or Limelight
Save

thanks for the laugh

"but they really should not be compared unless you are comparing the Waldorf to a high end Marriott or Hyatt concept."

8. Re: Viceroy or Limelight

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass Village
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.