We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation on Where to Stay

Akron, Ohio
9 posts
1 review
Recommendation on Where to Stay

i will be traveling thru Salida next week. Would like recommendations on where to stay, and also eat, either here or Buena Vista. any info on these towns, which is better in you experts opinion, is appreciated. thank you.

8 replies to this topic
Naalehu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
999 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Recommendation on Where to Stay

Lots of information on this forum about both BV and Salida. Especially places to stay.

Are you just traveling through? What is your budget.

Akron, Ohio
9 posts
1 review
2. Re: Recommendation on Where to Stay

yes just one night. doing a loop from denver and back in three days. budget would like to stay under $150. clean, quiwt, good location. the palace hotel has rooms but is more $ but has great reviews. lots of the other are not in town but outskirts.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Recommendation on Where to Stay

Stay in town in Salida if you can spare the extra $. Eddieline brewery in BV is very good.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Recommendation on Where to Stay

You might take a look at Salida Inn and Hostel. It is not far from downtown. The four private upstairs rooms are nice and reasonably priced, I think around $70 right now. We had a nice quiet stay there in July.

Akron, Ohio
9 posts
1 review
5. Re: Recommendation on Where to Stay

debating on salida hostel or the palace hotel. to splurge or save $$? might need to flip a coin. thanks

Algonquin, Illinois
Level Contributor
152 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Recommendation on Where to Stay

Last year we stayed at Mountain Goat lodge which is on the highway. This past July we rented an apartment on F Street in the middle of everything. While both were special in their own way, I recommend being right in town. I liked walking everywhere. A side trip to Poncha Springs for Elevation Brewing is a must. Our favorite taproom in this part of Colorado!

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,582 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Recommendation on Where to Stay

We recently stayed at Salida Inn & Suites. They offered a great free breakfast.

We love Amica's in Salida.They do a great hatch green chili pesto pizza, and their salads are awesome too.

In BV it's hard to go wrong with Simple Eatery or House Rock Kitchen.

Eddyline has a nice atmosphere but I don't love their food.

Both towns are unique. The new part of BV is down by the Surf Chateau & hotel. Most tourist don't know it's down there at the end by the river. It's really cute.

Edited: 24 September 2018, 17:17
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
9,943 posts
66 reviews
8. Re: Recommendation on Where to Stay

Do it up right at the Palace in Salida. Come on, you know you want to. I only stay in historic hotels if possible all over the West and love the experience. Hey, I flipped a coin and the Palace won....you lucky guy.

https://www.salidapalacehotel.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33…

Edited: 24 September 2018, 17:58
Reply to: Recommendation on Where to Stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salida