We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The fires in Manitou Springs

Rogers, Arkansas
3 posts
Save Topic
The fires in Manitou Springs

We are traveling to Manitou Springs this Saturday, June 15th and with the fires is it still safe to go there and are we now limited in the outdoor activities we can do? Is there smoke in the area?

Thank you for your responses.

Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,879 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The fires in Manitou Springs

You might follow one of the other threads about the Colorado Spring fires in case you did not see them It would be nice if folks did not start a new thread, it gets confusing and time consuming.

Edited: 14 June 2013, 00:12
Manitou Springs
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: The fires in Manitou Springs

There should be some consideration due to the amount of fires in such a wide spread area. There are a lot more bears, mountain lions and other animals forging for food. As a resident of Manitou for 12 years, I have had my share of bears in our yard - more so the last 2 years. They have never been aggressive, or tried to get into the house, but it is, of course, a consideration. Especially if you have small children or pets, do not leave them unattended, and please, please never leave your dogs outside at night.

Don't get me wrong, Manitou Springs is a beautiful, quiet, spiritual place if that is what you are looking for. Or, for the younger crowd and music lovers, Manitou can also be quite the party town! Some great restaurants, although I would not suggest Mexican food except for Amanda's Fonda on the east side of town. For a good steak at a reasonable price, The Keg is a great place to go. Also, for live music - with a menu of burgers and sandwiches, the Townhouse is a fun, friendly place. And, not to be forgotten, for fine dining and ambiance, there is the Cliff House, Craftwood Inn, the Briarhurst. The Briarhurst also has a lovely and delicious Sunday brunch.

Enjoy Manitou Springs, but just have a bit of caution for the wildlife.

Mentioned in this post
Craftwood Inn
Craftwood Inn
134 Reviews
Manitou Springs, CO
3. Re: The fires in Manitou Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2016, 18:48
Get answers to your questions about Manitou Springs
More Manitou Springs Topics