We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place for lunch before 2:40pm cog railroad trip

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Good place for lunch before 2:40pm cog railroad trip

Our family is meeting up in Manitou Springs to take the cog railroad up to Pike's Peak on July 5th. There will be 12 of us - 9 adults and 3 children (ages 5-10). Can anyone recommend a nice, but casual place to eat lunch - preferably outside on a patio if it is a nice day. I always call for reservations or to at least let the restaurant know that a large party is arriving.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
17 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place for lunch before 2:40pm cog railroad trip

My personal favorite is The Loop. This is a nice Mexican restaurant at the corner of Manitou Avenue and Ruxton Avenue. When you drive to the cog railway you will be going west on Manitou Avenue and then you will turn left on Ruxton Avenue, so The Loop is right on your way. Parking is tricky, but you can probably park on the street on Ruxton Avenue.

By the way, Manitou Springs has a multitude of natural mineral water springs that are accessible to the public at no charge. Just walk up to the spring, stick your cup under the spigot, collect some water, and drink. One of these springs is located in the middle of the sidewalk right in front of The Loop -- it's called Stratton Spring. Another, called Twin Spring, is about two blocks up Ruxton Avenue from there. I think these are the two best-tasting springs in Manitou Springs.

Both Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs are huge tourist traps, but even tourist-trap towns will have a few solid-gold attractions. Pikes Peak is one of them (wear your winter coat, no joke even in July). For my money, so is the system of free public drinking-water springs in Manitou Springs.

2. Re: Good place for lunch before 2:40pm cog railroad trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 02:45
Get answers to your questions about Manitou Springs
More Manitou Springs Topics