We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to watch a Big 10 football game

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to watch a Big 10 football game

Hi! We are visiting in September and are hoping to catch our Huskers on TV. I see that there is a Colorado for NU watch site, but it's so far form where we're staying (In Manitou Springs). Would there be a closer spot (even into Colorado Springs) that might be able to accommodate us? The bad thing is as of now they haven't announced if the game is televised so I'm worried it'll be on the Big 10 network vs. a national network.

Oh, and we will have an 8 year old with us. :)

Thank you!

Edited: 01 September 2017, 23:28
5 replies to this topic
colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to watch a Big 10 football game

Law_girl will be along shortly. She's a husker's fan.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to watch a Big 10 football game

Your Colorado Springs watch site is the Old Chicago on Commerce Center drive:

…constantcontact.com/…

It will be an easy hop over from Manitou, and there will be a couple hundred other Huskers there to watch with you. Get there early for a seat, but don't be afraid to ask to share someone's table with them - we did that a couple years ago and are now great friends with the couple we joined. :-) There will also be volunteers present doing raffles, selling merchandise, etc.... It is a great group.

Which game are you coming for? We are going back to Nebraska for the September 16 game, but otherwise, we will likely be there at Old Chicago.

GBR from Colorado Springs!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to watch a Big 10 football game

Thanks, law girl! I was hoping you would weigh in. (For some reason I missed email notification on answers to my post). We'll be out for the September 23 game. I think it's Rutgers.

How early is early?

I'm glad to hear it's fun! We went to a watch site in Kansas City last year and it was a huge bummer as it was not a welcoming group at all. :/

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to watch a Big 10 football game

I would suggest a half hour or so before kickoff. But just like buying tickets outside Memorial Stadium, it all depends on how they do over the next few weeks. After Saturday's performance, I don't have a ton of hope for this weekend. But we will see! :-) Sadly, we will be at a Denver watch party that weekend, so we will miss you. Have fun!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to watch a Big 10 football game

Ha! You speak the truth!! Thank you so much for the tips!

Reply to: Where to watch a Big 10 football game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manitou Springs
More Manitou Springs Topics