We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying passes for guests (we have Epic passes)

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Buying passes for guests (we have Epic passes)

We have two guests joining us for Christmas in keystone. They will be riding on December 24 & 25. The online price for a two day adult pass is $188 for those dates. We have the full unrestricted Epic passes and I looked up the pricing for ski with a friend passes and it quotes $75 for keystone up to December 11 but no pricing after that.

Is it worthwhile to do the ski with the friend tickets or just go ahead and buy the passes online now? We are arriving December 22, can we buy their passes at the ticket office ahead of their arrival so we don't have to wait in the queue on the day?

Loveland Pass
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Arapahoe Basin
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Keystone Ski Area
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,803 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying passes for guests (we have Epic passes)

One option is to contact Keystone and ask them.

DH says that lady year, he could only get the pricing information a week in advance. The buddy pass was a better deal than the ski with a friend.

Edited: 04 December 2015, 02:44
Colorado
Level Contributor
444 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying passes for guests (we have Epic passes)

The SWAF rates are generally pretty underwhelming (not to mention horribly communicated since there's 0 rate info beyond 12/11 as you noted), it's a few $ savings at most vs prepurchase online. I think a few years ago I found it actually just slightly better to get a family member the online pre-purchase ticket. The holidays time of year there aren't going to be any super great deals, so I'd pre-purchase and just get it taken care of.

Guest Services, or checkin (if using Keystone lodging) can usually give you the passes ahead of time.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying passes for guests (we have Epic passes)

Last year at Vail during holiday week I believe the buddy lift tix price was $100. I know it won't help you with Keystone but it may give you a good sense of how small a discount it will be. You can do the multi-day rate up to 14 days (international) in advance of your first day, but then again that still may be outside the window of the holiday pricing.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying passes for guests (we have Epic passes)

Thanks so much. I figured it might not be worth it to wait. We are staying at river run in keystone. I know some properties offer discounted tickets though their activities desks but have no idea on this one. I will contact both keystone resorts as well as the property to what my options are. We may just go ahead and buy our daughter the season pass. Since she is a university student she qualifies for the lower rate. For about $150 more she can visit keystone, a basin and brecks I think? Her boyfriend is on his own since he isn't a student. I am willing to pay for his two day pass but not a season pass for him. I would like to think she will take advantage of having a pass but I bought them both season passes for Elitch gardens and they never went once.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying passes for guests (we have Epic passes)

They finally published the rates for ski with a friend through December 25 and its $97 for adult in keystone. I think I bought the passes for $88 online over a week ago. Glad I didn't wait. I waited too late to get my daughter a pass so that will have to wait until next year.

6. Re: Buying passes for guests (we have Epic passes)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2016, 10:47