We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in glenwood in march

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in glenwood in march

I will be in glenwood springs in march, i've heard good things and the hostel there is very cheap (travelling round Usa, from Uk) I will be in the area for a few days before stopping off in Denver. I wont have a car. Seen horseback riding etc but does this run when there's snow about? Thanks!

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in glenwood in march

There isn't horseback riding in the snow that I know of, I have heard good things about the hostel. There is a great bus system in Glenwood, you could go to Aspen to ski or board or just hang out. You can go to the Hot Springs Pool, The Yampa Vapor Caves, The Glenwood Caverns, Ski Sunlight if Aspen is too pricey. Glenwood is a nice walkable town, hope you enjoy it.

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in glenwood in march

Thanks for your help, I might have to trade horseback riding for a snow mobile! (NOT A PROBLEM!)

Yeh I looked at Aspen, I am on a budget so probably can't ski. What's ski sunlight?

In terms of nightlife is aspen the place to go? Cheers

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,625 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in glenwood in march

Sunlight is a smaller ski area near Glenwood Springs and a nice, less expensive place to ski. A half day group lesson is $65, plus it costs $15 for a lift ticket and $15 to rent equipment with your lesson. A full day group lesson at Buttermilk or Snowmass is $189-199, including lower lift and equipment.

…aspensnowmass.com/schools/adult/group.cfm…

sunlightmtn.com/snow-school/adult-ski-school

You may also want to try snow shoeing or cross country skiing. Both lots of fun and not as expensive as downhill.

The Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park will probably have some rides/activities open. For example, the cave tours. And their alpine coaster is open most of the year, weather permitting. It is similar to an alpine slide but is on a raised track so it doesn't get snow-covered like alpine slides do. And it is a lot of fun.

If you like history, the Hotel Colorado (a favorite of President Roosevelt and the birthplace of the Teddy Bear) is an interesting place to visit. Take one of their ghost tours or just visit the lobby to see the old photos and displays.

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in glenwood in march

Thanks helps alot :D

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in glenwood in march

if you're staying for cheap at the hostel perhaps you can enjoy an activity or two. I'd recommend:

www.hotspringspool.com

and

Glenwood Caverns/Adventure Park--great tram ride up, nice cave tour and views. http://glenwoodcaverns.com/

6. Re: Things to do in glenwood in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Glenwood Springs