We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break in Denver w/ 6month old

atlanta
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break in Denver w/ 6month old

We'll be going for a week, SpringBreak, with our 6 month old, we'll actually be staying w/ friends in Castle Rock....

So where do I begin?? I definately want to see nature at it's best and would enjoy touring Denver too.....so how do I fit it all in, what are the must see's, and will I be able to do it w/ a 6month old....thanks for any help!!!!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break in Denver w/ 6month old

Sure, lots of things to see and do - no reason having the baby along should prevent you from doing most things. But when is Spring Break for you? It varies greatly depending on where you're from, so it would be helpful to know exactly when you'll be here. And do you have a car to use? That will determine a lot of where you can get to.

atlanta
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break in Denver w/ 6month old

we will be there the week of April 7th...and we will be either renting a car or borrowing our friends lol

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break in Denver w/ 6month old

Good news about having a car, because it's not easy to get around in Denver without it, at least to get to all the cool places.

Early April can still be very wintery here, so do bring some warm clothing, but hopefully we'll have lots of sunshine that we're famous for.

Some places you should put on your list to see in the city are Art Museum, Capitol Building, Museum of Nature and Science and the Zoo next door, Botanic Gardens and the Molly Brown House. The 16th St. Mall is the main street through the heart of downtown and has a free shuttle bus system. Lower Downtown (known as LoDo) is where the best clubs and restaurants are located.

Plenty of choices for nature destinations. One of my favorites is Red Rocks Amphitheatre and Park in Morrison. You can visit the theatre for free and also enjoy the very cool red rocks formations in the park. Another place with red rocks is Roxborough State Park. They have an easy loop trail that is very scenic - watch for deer, coyote and eagles in the vicinity.

Another great daytrip would be to drive up to Boulder, probably 90 minutes from Castle Rock. Very beautiful location and the town is great for walking around.

If you want shopping, there's a big factory outlet mall in Castle Rock. Park Meadows Mall and Cherry Creek Mall are upscale and nice to visit, although they probably don't have anything you can't find in Atlanta.

This is a good website for more details on the attractions in Denver: http://www.denver.org/Listings.aspx?SID=6

The good thing about traveling with a 6-month-old is that they need very little except something to eat and some clean diapers - no need to worry about entertaining him/her! I found that having a baby carrier or sling worked better in some instances than a stroller - take both with you if possible.

Hope you have a great trip!

Westminster...
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break in Denver w/ 6month old

You could go South to Colorado Springs and visit Garden of the Gods. Do a hike around there and see some cool rocks. I'm pretty sure the Pikes Peak Cog Railroad would be open then, but you should double check first and ride to the top of Pikes Peak. (It's like $10/person, kid would be free.)

It's about 45-60 minutes South of Castle Rock.

5. Re: Spring Break in Denver w/ 6month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 14:51