We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive between Denver and Grand Junction

Chicago il
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Drive between Denver and Grand Junction

I will be arriving in Denver on Friday May 25 around 7 pm. My destination is Moab. My dilemma is how far can I drive that day. My concerns. Unfamiliar area. Landscape that I will miss driving after dark. Gaps along the drive once I decide to stop. So with that said what would be a good destination that night or should I stay near the airport and get an early start.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Drive between Denver and Grand Junction

Get the drive through Denver out of he way. Still get an early start on Saturday.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Drive between Denver and Grand Junction

I have waited at a carousel upwards of an hour for luggage several times at the Denver International Airport. I know people who have waited half that time.With a flight arriving at 7 PM, waiting for luggage,etc, I personally would stay at a hotel near the airport or out to the west side of Denver (better alternative) as previously mentioned that night and get an early start in the morning.

Stop at Rudy's in Manitou for brunch!

Edited: 25 March 2012, 15:53
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Drive between Denver and Grand Junction

em-T, I know the OP posted in the Colorado Springs forum, but since the destination from Denver is Moab, they won't be passing through Colorado Springs or Manitou Springs that I can see, unless I've misunderstood the route.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Drive between Denver and Grand Junction

Yes, my mistake!

15. Re: Drive between Denver and Grand Junction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:10