We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip ideas

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
125 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip ideas

My husband and I are headed to Boulder for a few days in early May, picking our son up from CU. We are pretty familiar with Boulder, but are open to new casual dining options. Love trying new foods and LOVE beer!

We are also driving over to Estes Park for a few days, and I am a bit confused on the best, most scenic, way to get there. Think when I went there alone last year I went through Lyons? Just not sure that is the best way, although I loved it! Also want some dining, sightseeing tips for Estes. We both have had alititude sickness issues in the past, so will do a tour or RMNP on our own rather than w a tour, would love recommendations on where to go, thanks soooo much!

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,049 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip ideas

The "best, most scenic" way to Estes Park is to take Boulder Canyon to Nederland and catch the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway to Estes Park.

byways.org/explore/byways/2114/travel.html

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,752 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip ideas

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33364-i296-k53535…

See reply #2. Note the reference to Mountain Park in the Poudre Canyon. Mountain Park day use area is not scheduled to open until May 24. There are other areas open for picnics and scenic stops.

You can also do this itinerary. Add driving the Upper Beaver Meadows Road and a drive to the Lumpy Ridge TH to this. TRR will probably be open to Rainbow Curve. www.rmnp.com/RMNP-Things-RockyInADay.HTML

Be sure to check the red alert about Bear Lake Road reconstruction on the RMNP web site. www.nps.gov/romo

Rangers at the visitor centers can give you up to date trail conditions. With temps 10-20 degrees above normal since March, snow is melting fast.

You could combine a trip to the exceedingly popular New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins with the Poudre Byway trip. Make reservations online ASAP. The tours fill up quickly!!!

Edited: 23 April 2012, 23:11
3. Re: Trip ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:13
Get answers to your questions about Boulder
Recent Conversations