We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location within St. James Place

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Location within St. James Place

I found a condo available for rent directly by owner at St. James Place in Beaver Creek at a great price, but is it located on the 1st floor of the building. It is not the "plaza/ground" floor but the one above it (so i guess it is technically a 2nd floor), so I am worried about noice and/or privacy issues. We will be going there through New Year's so it is the peak of the High Season. When we stay at hotels, I always request a high floor but in this case since we would be renting by owner, we have no choice (an the other condos that I have seen on other floors are priced much higher, but we could always continue looking). So my question is... Is the 1st floor of the St James Place a bad location in regards to noice/privacy? The owner told us it was on the other side of the building oposite the plaza (i think towards the Hyatt) so it was supposed to be "quieter". Any opinnions? Thanks!

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location within St. James Place

Beaver Creek is more of a family oriented resort compared to Vail, so there are more activities geared towards kids and earlier bed times, it not the type of place where people are partying on the plaza until 2am. I don't think that it would be a bad location, but you could call the front desk and ask about the specific unit and if the guests complain about noise.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location within St. James Place

It depends on what wing of the building in St. James! On the west side the 1st floor is actually above 2 levels of parking, the pool & the lobby so the 1st floor is actually the 5th level! (from the street) On the east wing you'd be at street level because of the lay of the land. Do you know the exact unit number? I can tell you where it is located in the building then.

Edited: 29 April 2012, 23:01
3. Re: Location within St. James Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:11