We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lasagna birthday dinner

Sugar Land
Level Contributor
187 posts
391 reviews
Save Topic
lasagna birthday dinner

My son will turn thirteen over spring break and would like to eat lasagna and chocolate cake for his birthday dinner out. I've looked at a lot of menus from BC & Edwards restaurants and haven't found any restaurants that serve lasagna. We will have an SUV and can drive to Vail if necessary.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lasagna birthday dinner

I've checked all the Italian food menus in the area that are listed on Open Table and a few that aren't and didn't see lasagna listed anywhere. It doesn't seem to be a popular menu item up here, bear in mind many menus change with the seasons and what you see now may not apply in April. A fun place to possibly celebrate his birthday may be Bol in Vail, it's a high end bowling alley in the Solaris Center with great food. Adventure Ridge and Bistro Fourteen might be a fun night also.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lasagna birthday dinner

Blue Moose Pizza in Beaver Creek serves lasagna. www.bluemoosepizza.com/italianentrees.htm

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lasagna birthday dinner

Thanks fv1989, I didn't even think of the Moose.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lasagna birthday dinner

You are welcome. I was there in August, just happened to think about it. I don't believe they have chocolate cake. :)

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lasagna birthday dinner

Try Markos in edwards, TiAmo in Eagle-Vail, or La Botega in Vail Village!

Also my FAVORITE is Pazzo's (3 locations: Vail, Avon, Eagle)

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lasagna birthday dinner

www.alacarvail.com/pdf/PazzosVail_2012.pdf

This is a link to Pazzos menu from a local service called Ala Car> you can have it delievered if you'd like to make a party in your condo/hotel room!

Sugar Land
Level Contributor
187 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lasagna birthday dinner

Thanks so much for the suggestions. We were hoping for a more upscale option, but it looks like we'll do the takeout or delivery route. Are there any good bakeries in BC, Edwards or Avon that we could order a cake from?

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lasagna birthday dinner

http://www.columbinecafe.com/

I do not have personal experience but it looks really good.

On the other end of the spectrum, there is a City Market (Kroger/King Soopers) in both Avon and Vail.

Dogmama or vailrealtor probably have other options. This will bump your question up the list.

Sugar Land
Level Contributor
187 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lasagna birthday dinner

Thank you so much for the bakery suggestion! Their website looks great, and I will be contacting them :) . My son looked at the Bistro Fourteen menu, and has decided to go for the bison meatball sandwich and go tubing on Adventure Ridge. The kids are excited. FYI for anyone looking at this post in the future, groups of 8 or more can buy timed tubing tickets the morning of their outing. There is a risk of "tubing slots" selling out during busy periods (like the Friday of TX's spring break, my son's bday), so we will be buying 8 tickets even though we're a party of seven.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lasagna birthday dinner

Tubing and Bistro Fourteen sound like a great birthday. Columbine Bakery does a good job and has been around for years. Rimini in Beaver Creek and Lionshead has very yummy gelato if you need some to go with the cake.