We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Whittier to LA sights

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
122 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport from Whittier to LA sights

Hi,

I am travelling from Australia and staying with a friends friend in Whittier for a few days and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the easiest way to get around. I can't seem to find any info about the public transport. I am planning on going to Getty museum, Universal, Hollywood and the main tourist areas. I will not have a car.

I am also planning on going to San diego for a few days is there a Train/ Bus station that i can leave from instead of Union station. If not can anyone let me know the easy way to get to Union. I can't afford to take a taxi everywhere.

I thank you for your help.

west
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from Whittier to LA sights

www.mta.net

Use the trip planner to print out directions...just plug in your address in Whittier as the starting point and "Union Station" or "Universal Studios" etc as your destination

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport from Whittier to LA sights

Unfortunately, Whittier is not near any of the places you will want to visit. Expect to sit on a bus for a while wherever you go.

Whittier is served by three different transit agencies: Metro (http://www.metro.net), Norwalk Transit (www.ci.norwalk.ca.us/transportation.asp), and Montebello Bus Lines (cityofmontebello.com/depts/…default.asp). A fourth transit agency, Foothill Transit, has one bus route serving Whittier but it won't go where you want to go.

For most of your tourist travel, you'll have to hop on a Montebello bus and ride into downtown LA, then switch to the Metro buses and subway there. To get to San Diego, you'll have to catch Amtrak at Union Station. The next closest Amtrak station, Fullerton, is not easily accessible from Whittier.

3. Re: Public transport from Whittier to LA sights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 09:49
Get answers to your questions about Whittier