We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable accommodation for 5, easy commute to San Fran

Warlingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable accommodation for 5, easy commute to San Fran

We are 2 adults and 3 children (ages 8,10 and 11), travelling to San Fran for 3 nights on 31st July. We do have something booked but it's out in Dublin and were hoping to find something at a good price (max $650/£500 inc taxes) a bit closer. Happy to drive short distance to park car for public transport as long as parking spaces won't be a problem and the commute is max 45 mins (anything from Daly City up to Marin County). Am pretty sure I have checked out most options now but it's always worth an ask!

14 replies to this topic
Warlingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Affordable accommodation for 5, easy commute to San Fran

Hi, OK, good point re:travel costs. Not tried Emeryvike either so will check it out. Thanks.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Affordable accommodation for 5, easy commute to San Fran

I didn't see anything under 300 per night at Emeryville either.

Found 2 in the South Bay I know nothing about. Plaza Suites Silicon Valley and Hyatt Place Fremont/Mipiltas. Still far away. If Hayes Valley Inn works in the city, then take it.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,261 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Affordable accommodation for 5, easy commute to San Fran

So did you try to see the deal with a one way rental up to SF and then another rental for the rest of your trip. It may be cheaper in a lot of cases but perhaps not in July /August

Also look at hotels near the Alameda ferry but do read reviews. There is a commute ferry but again you pay for RT ferry rides.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Affordable accommodation for 5, easy commute to San Fran

I think with a family of 5, driving in would be easier on the whole. But depends on where.

Melsybabes - let folks know if you have other places in mind. Good luck again.

Reply to: Affordable accommodation for 5, easy commute to San Fran
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted