We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel is best to stay in while in San Fran?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
52 posts
Which hotel is best to stay in while in San Fran?

Hello, I'm hoping to visit San Fran for the first time in April and would love any advice on what hotels are best to book while I'm there. I don't care for anything luxurious, just some place clean, and affordable with free internet in room. I would also like to not be too far from the downtown area and touristy things. I'm currently looking at Ramada Limited Suites San Fran Airport. From what I've read in some reviews, it is not too far from the downtown area by transit. Is this true? Is transportation close by (i.e. walking distance)? Are there restaurants near to this hotel? Are there any other hotels that anyone could recommend that would offer these things?

Thanks so much for help! :)

11 replies to this topic
Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
43 reviews
11. Re: Which hotel is best to stay in while in San Fran?

What are your dates and what is your budget? I think you can do better than the Golden Gateway. It is in a rather commercial zone that is not as convenient to the tourist sites as other areas. Not bad, and definitely better than SFO, but a rather drab location in my own opinion.

Reply to: Which hotel is best to stay in while in San Fran?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted