We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for 2 days between San Fran and Lake Tahoe?

Charleston, South...
7 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary for 2 days between San Fran and Lake Tahoe?

Hello!

We are spending a week at Lake Tahoe and then driving back to San Francisco with 3 days/2 nights on the road. Any itinerary suggestions? I would love to show the kids some of Yosemite (maybe the Falls Trail) and some redwoods. I haven't had luck finding accommodations inside Yosemite, so will have to hike, then hit the road and stay some where outside of the park.

3 replies to this topic
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,651 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for 2 days between San Fran and Lake Tahoe?

Look at the Gold Country and Hwy 49. Columbia, Murphys, Sonora. Go to Calaveras Big Trees State Park.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,501 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for 2 days between San Fran and Lake Tahoe?

Hi

You have posted for the town that is south of SF called South San Francisco. But it sounds like you want some overall state itinerary advice. I recommend reposting on the California state forum. Include the dates of your travel.

Or if you know you want to visit Yosemite NP, just repost on that forum. The top Questions on the right side of the Yosemite forum will help! (full TA website, not the app.)

Charleston, South...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for 2 days between San Fran and Lake Tahoe?

Oh! Thanks!

Reply to: Itinerary for 2 days between San Fran and Lake Tahoe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted