We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with itinerary

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help with itinerary

We are traveling from Napa to LA in May, with overnights in Monterey and Cambria. We plan to leave Napa on a Wednesday, heading to Monterey. Our original plan called for making a stop in Santa Cruz for approx. 1.5 hr (lunch/boardwalk visit) and getting to Monterey by 3:00 to visit the Aquarium before it closes at 5:00. However, in researching Santa Cruz, I have found great things to see. That's where I need your help.

Mount Hermon Canopy Tour (2hr) and the Mystery Spot (1hr) all look very interesting. Any input on those spots. Obviously the more I add to Santa Cruz, I won't get to Monterey in time for the Aquarium. I could move the Aquarium to the next day, but they open at 10:00, and I want to get to Cambria before dark. I will not drive in the dark, particularly around the curves.

Any suggestions?

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Need help with itinerary

Thanks for the heads-up. I checked our date and it states 12-5 limited rides. That works for us. We just want to stop and walk around for 30 minutes.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need help with itinerary

Good. It is a pleasant place to walk. If you have time you might also like to walk out

on the Municipal Wharf (which is right there) to see and hear the sea lions and get a nice view back to the Boardwalk and the city.

I would not recommend lunch there....but the main street of town, Pacific Avenue, has lots of cafes with sidewalk tables under the trees, and is very pleasant.

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Need help with itinerary

Any specific place to have lunch on Pacific Avenue? We are open to anything......but don't want to spend too much time dining........remember we are a bit short on time.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Need help with itinerary

For a relatively quick bite, at the head of Pacific Avenue, the town clock side, there is an Italian deli which makes excellent sandwiches for you, to order, and they have tables outside. You order, pay at the counter and eat. It is very popular. Called Zoccali's

About four doors down, at the Bookshop Santa Cruz, there is a sidewalk cafe called "Chocolate" which has good food, ordered from a menu, and is very pleasant.

If you decide to do either of these, when you leave the boardwalk/wharf area, take the street which leads into the wharf, go around the roundabout, turn right about two blocks away at the second roundabout, and follow this. At some point this is called Front Street. Anyway, just follow it into town, after going around a bend, and there is a reasonable parking garage (self park) on your right several blocks away. Then walk across Front Street and go in the back door of Bookshop Santa Cruz and out the front door. Chocolate is right there. For Zoccali's, just walk toward the town clock.

15. Re: Need help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2017, 10:47