We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April 2016

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
April 2016

I am staying in LA Jolla April 1-8, then making my way up to San Francisco 8-14. I was drawn to Santa Cruz, it is beautiful! I was curious where to stay? Preferably under $1500 for the 6 night stay, I'd like to stay close to the ocean, preferably on the beach. Location is important to me, close to shops, restaurants, etc.

Mentioned in this post
La Jolla
La Jolla
San Diego, CA
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz
California
Roaring Camp Steam Train Through...
161 Reviews
US$ 29 per adult
Free Cancellation
Beginner Surf Lesson in Santa Cruz
2 Reviews
US$ 105 per adult
Free Cancellation
Monterey Bay Coastal Day Trip from...
1 Review
US$ 399 per adult
Free Cancellation
Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April 2016

Ashley,

We vacation in Santa Cruz every year (since 2009) and just love it. When we go, it's a group of 4 adults and we always book a vacation rental property. Not sure how many are in your party/group, but that is something I definitely recommend you check further. No noise from other guests to contend with, it's like a home away from home. VRBO is the rental site we typically book through, but there is also FlipKey and TripAdvisor also has some vacation rental listings. Otherwise, if you prefer a hotel, The Dream Inn is right on the beach near the Boardwalk. Also, Echo Inn Beach & Cottages. Good luck. You will really enjoy SC - it has such a good vibe and there is so much to do. ~ S

Mentioned in this post
Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz
California
Dream Inn
Dream Inn
2,199 Reviews
Santa Cruz, CA
2. Re: April 2016

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2017, 11:46