We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights in Santa Barbara - where to stay

Ottawa
Level Contributor
629 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Two nights in Santa Barbara - where to stay

My husband, 15-year old son and I will be vacationing in CA this summer (mid-July) and will be driving down the coastline from Monterey to San Diego, stopping enroute along the way at a fairly leisurely pace. We'll be spending the first three nights in Monterey, the 4th night in Cambria, and the 5th and 6th nights in Santa Barbara, before heading to Santa Monica (for one night) and San Diego (for seven nights). I have already made reservations in Monterey (at the Monterey Plaza) and Cambria (Best Western Fireside). And now I am trying to decide on our Santa Barbara lodging. Originally, I was thinking about staying in Pismo Beach (but through the TA forum, it was suggested to me that Santa Barbara would be a better choice for our family). Our budget is between $250 to $300/night max. Where would you recommend? We would like a hotel with a swimming pool and hot tub and that is in close proximity (i.e. walking distance) to the beach and to the city (restaurants, shops, etc.). This vacation is about relaxing, family bonding, and exploring new things. Any ideas or sugggestions?

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Two nights in Santa Barbara - where to stay

***Stay in Ventura! Much cheaper, great beach town with real Californians. ***

I must say Ventura's Visitor Bureau was brilliant to come up with the catchy slogan- Ventura the REAL California.

Stick with the AMERICAN RIVIERA- Santa Barbara :)

California
Level Contributor
47 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Two nights in Santa Barbara - where to stay

LOL! We have our own Riviera here, in "San Buenaventura", and our hills are the only undeveloped ones left in California by the ocean! I do love Santa Barbara though.

23. Re: Two nights in Santa Barbara - where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2013, 14:59