We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Once in a lifetime trip - Hotel

Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Once in a lifetime trip - Hotel

We will be in Santa Barbara in April of next year. This is a once in a lifetime trip for us. I cannot decide which hotel - Biltmore or Belmond? This is also Easter weekend so we wanted to have Easter brunch at one of these. Any advice? Have never been to Santa Barbara before. Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
39,069 posts
1,014 reviews
1. Re: Once in a lifetime trip - Hotel

Both are beautiful! The Biltmore is in nearby Montecito if that matters to you. At The Belmond you will have beautiful views from the top of the hill. Enjoy your time in Santa Barbara! :)

Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Once in a lifetime trip - Hotel

Thank you!

Level Contributor
6,581 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Once in a lifetime trip - Hotel

if you'd like to be walking distance to downtown Santa Barbara, and also to the beach and Wharf, I wouldn't choose either of those hotels

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,784 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Once in a lifetime trip - Hotel

The Biltmore is where we stay for all special ocassions, over many years. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there. Trust someone that has much experience in Santa Barbara for get always a couple times a year. Easter Brunch at their Bella Vista restaurant is fantastic. The grounds are gorgeous, the staff friendly and helpful. Taking walks on the beach romantic. You have use of the beach club across the way and the Spa is very nice.

With trolleys, bikes and Uber's I wouldn't worry about shopping or going to another restaurant in SB. There are so many restaurants for you to choose from around State St. If you wanted to take your own car, you can even drive right on Stern's Wharf. Lunch at the SB Seafood Co at the end is fun to sit on picnic tables and watch the Sea life.

We stayed long ago at the Belmont El Encanto, and it was too far on a daily basis to go to the beach or down to State St. However, that's where we held my son's Graduation Dinner Party from UCSB. Twilight is the best time to see the lights of the city go on at sunset when dining there.

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Once in a lifetime trip - Hotel

ditto everything @CAnative said above... also, brunch at any 4 Seasons is great but brunch at the 4 Seasons in Montecito is truly exceptional

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Once in a lifetime trip - Hotel

My humble opinion as a pretty much a life long resident of Santa Barbara is the Biltmore, hands down. The view from Channel Drive is spectacular and you can walk on Butterfly Beach right there. There is a beautiful patio. You could definitely visit the El Encanto (the Belmond but not called that by locals) for a drink or meal for the lovely Riviera views but the Biltmore is beloved in spite of the expense. It also has the brunch you'd be looking for...

Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Once in a lifetime trip - Hotel

Yes the Biltmore

Reply to: Once in a lifetime trip - Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara
Recent Conversations