We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas in san simeon

Bakersfield...
1 post
christmas in san simeon

my boyfriend an I are coming there to spend our first Christmas together. we take trips there about ever other month. can you tell me of some romantic places to go an things to do on Christmas day that will help an make this the best trip there an Christmas ever? thank you..

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,269 posts
435 reviews
1. Re: christmas in san simeon

The first thing is don't be in San Simeon.

Get a hotel room on Moonstone Beach in Cambria. Several of the top hotel/motels there have fireplaces in the rooms.

Not sure what you can do on Christmas Day since so many things are closed. I think I'd spend it around the hotel, with a fire, some good books and good wine.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
18,026 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: christmas in san simeon

I think a walk on the beach, a nice hike, and then a nice warm fire sounds just about right :-)

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,062 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: christmas in san simeon

The boardwalk on Moonstone Beach Drive in Cambria for a romantic sunset or morning walk

Walking out on the San Simeon Pier across from the entrance to Hearst Castle

The elephant seal rookery

Drive up to Ragged Point at the beginning of the Big Sur drive and walk the grounds. You could also do lunch there, but you'll need a rezzie.

Window shop the quaint store fronts in Cambria

4. Re: christmas in san simeon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2016, 09:45