We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help (Choosing a time for Hearst Castle Tour)

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary Help (Choosing a time for Hearst Castle Tour)

Hello Friends! :)

My husband and I will be travelling down the coast in November and would like to include a tour of Hearst Castle. It is my understanding that we should purchase our tickets in advance .... which leaves me wondering what time would be best. We will be staying at Treebones in Big Sur the previous night and would like to allow time to stop at the Piedras Blancas Lighthouse as well as the Elephant Seal Rookery on our way to Heart. We will be staying in Santa Barbara that night and are hoping to make it there by sunset.

Thanks in advance for your ever-helpful insights!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Itinerary Help (Choosing a time for Hearst Castle Tour)

Thanks for all the help folks! I've been keeping an eye on tickets and they're nowhere near selling out at the moment ... my plan is to continue to periodically check in and if availability begins to look threatened I'll jump on something otherwise I may try booking the day before/day of (we'll be visiting on a Friday).

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
35 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Itinerary Help (Choosing a time for Hearst Castle Tour)

How far in advance did you end up booking?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Itinerary Help (Choosing a time for Hearst Castle Tour)

I believe about a week in advance. And the time we had tickets for was sold out the morning of so I'm glad that we did!!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Itinerary Help (Choosing a time for Hearst Castle Tour)

Just double checked ... I purchased tickets on 11/5 for an 11:00 a.m. tour on 11/14. As I said, by the time we arrived at the gate that morning they had sold out, however I couldn't tell you how far in advance that occurred as I stopped checking once I had our tickets booked. We definitely enjoyed the tour ... especially since they had all the Christmas decorations up! :)

15. Re: Itinerary Help (Choosing a time for Hearst Castle Tour)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2016, 10:47