We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rohnert Park California

RAVENNA
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Rohnert Park California

My husband, 11 year old granddaughter and me (grandma) will be staying in Rohnert for the week of July 20. While we will have transportation in the tour we are taking the last day we will not. Is there any transportation to the Redwoods or the ocean that would be available between 11:00AM and 7:00PM?

Thanks,

Mary

2 replies to this topic
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Rohnert Park California

I don't quite understand your situation.

You will have transit (meaning a car?) all except the last day??

Rohnert Park is a "suburb" of San Francisco. Or perhaps I should say "exurb" because it's quite a distance to SF. Regardless, it's a bedroom community and doesn't have the greatest transit network with the exception of commute service into SF in the morning and returning in the evening.

Could you clarify a bit please? (And yes, I realize English isn't your first language and you're doing great ... I think you'll get more responses if we understood a little bit better what you were looking for.)

California
Level Contributor
943 posts
355 reviews
2. Re: Rohnert Park California

It may be difficult or impossible without a car. The busses used to run everywhere around Sonoma County, and I've taken them quite a bit, but there were bus lines cut a few years ago. However, I'm looking at the schedule now...

Here is a current bus schedule. I hope it helps: http://sctransit.com/maps-schedules/

You might be able to take the Rohnert Park bus to Santa Rosa, and from there transfer to the Russian River bus. There, there are redwoods, although I'm not sure how close Armstrong Woods, the main redwood area, is to the bus station. There are some redwoods right around downtown Guerneville and also Monte Rio.

The coast has something going out to it, but it looks to run on weekends only.

Transfers aren't too difficult. Have a bus map with you in advance. They aren't posted at most stations. If you need a taxi, they are really easy to catch: just call about a half hour before you want to go anywhere.

Good luck, and I hope this helps!

Reply to: Rohnert Park California
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rohnert Park