We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in US

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Staying in US

Hi, I would going to Sci Fit, Pleasanton CA for my rehab. I'm plan to stay there for few months. I would like advice on certain things.

1- would I able to rent house with fully furnished there? Which is cheaper? Extended stay hotel or rent a house? As per now i saw extended stay American is the cheapest. Around $2700 per month.

2- how's the public transport there ? How can I travel around since I on wheelchair? Does uber / grab available? Since renting car is quit expensive too.

I'm trying to save cost as much as I can so I could stay there longer and spend more on my rehab.

Appreciate and thank you for your advice and sharing.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
59,774 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Staying in US

posting the same post twice does not help. Perhaps someone in the East Bay may be able to help you. When you ask about Public transport -- you may want to look at google maps and 511.org to see routes to where you want to go . Uber is HQed in SF so yes you will get Uber in Pleasanton and around the Bay area.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
24,119 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Staying in US

There are very few hotels near to Sci-Fit. You can see if you can rent a unit inside a house, something called "granny's unit". This may be cheaper. Yes Uber and Lyft are both available. But if you have to do this everyday it can get expensive. Buses won't work for you.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,604 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Staying in US

Most counties have paratransit transportation for people in wheelchair. Here in Santa Clara county, each ride is something like $4.50. You have to schedule those ahead of time. The rehab facilities should have that information. Let me see if I can find the information for Pleasanton/Alameda County.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,604 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Staying in US

Here you are:

cityofpleasantonca.gov/gov/…transit.asp

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,604 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Staying in US

Ok the link in #4 is on for certain medical center and your rehab is not one. Try the Dial-A-Ride Paratransit instead. $3.50 per one way fare. You need to apply to qualify:

wheelsbus.com/services/…tab-id-3

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,604 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Staying in US

Check airbnb... something like this?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13157551…

But this is not ADA accessible. Are you able to transfer and walk a little? If not, most home stays are not going to work and you should stick with an accessible hotel room like the Extended Stay.

Edited: 08 June 2017, 01:48