We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need some differnent dining ideas - be creative please

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
I need some differnent dining ideas - be creative please

I would like some creative ideas for dining. Let's just suppose I get into French Laundry - cross your fingers for me - and we will do Bistro Jeanty. We have a fondness for Tra Vigne too.

But let's say we have a couple more lunches and a dinner to pick something wonderful and fun. We are already doing the ultimate in price and excellence. So, where else should we go in the area for good quality - fun atmosphere - relaxing, you know a memorable kind of place.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Bistro Jeanty
Bistro Jeanty
2,164 Reviews
Yountville, CA
Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I need some differnent dining ideas - be creative please

Well, I had finally decided on Market for sure, but now I am so interested in Cindy's and Kelly's. Both sound fun for different reasons.

To fill you in, we got our reservations at French Laundry. We used three phones, 2 cell and one home and were hitting redial over and over for almost 13 minutes before one phone finally got through. It was great to actually land a reservation as we were on a waiting list last time and when we found out we got in it was so last minute we had to change all our reservations for the trip.

So...now I know my reservations for FL and can fill in with other plans and places. I have several travel books and Market and Cindy's both look terrific. But I have to tell you, Russ and Sharon really make me want to go to Kelly's. (Yep, very liberal we are.)

So, thank you everyone. As always, I will print this out and take with us.

OH! If anyone like Russ and Sharon or someone from the area is reading this I would like to know if the Bouchon Bakery is still open? And the restaurant Bouchon too? I'm more interested in the Bakery this trip however.

Thanks everyone!! I can't imagine planning a trip without all of you now.

Mentioned in this post
Bouchon Bakery
Bouchon Bakery
2,816 Reviews
Yountville, CA
Northern California
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I need some differnent dining ideas - be creative please

I heartily second recommendations for Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, and of course, you already know about Tra Vigne.

Another spot that might be fun is lunch at the CIA restaurant in Greystone. It's fun just to wander around that place...especially the shop. I've been know to spend at least an hour in there!

Rutherford Grill is another of our favorites...last time I checked, they don't take reservations though, so you may wait a bit. And do try the artichoke appetizer...it's worth blowing the diet for!

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
Cindy's Backstreet...
902 Reviews
St. Helena, CA
Rutherford Grill
Rutherford Grill
1,647 Reviews
Rutherford, CA
Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: I need some differnent dining ideas - be creative please

Major changes at Tra Vigne over the past 3 years, folks.

Michael Chiarello is gone. So is much of the staff that worked with him.

A very different place- menu/flavors/execution are quite different from a few years ago.

Ambiance on a warm summer's day is exquisite. Food . . . well . . .

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
31,340 posts
6,301 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: I need some differnent dining ideas - be creative please

Totally agree about Tra Vigne....

its a new year so its no longer my 'worst' favorite of 2006.

its now my worst favorite restaurant to go to of 2006 and 2007.

Still have not encountered a place equivallent to that night...

and I looked forward to it so.

Agree totally with Russ.