We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heitz

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
Heitz

People’s opinions on Heitz? I originally had it on our itinerary because it is one of my favorite Cabernets… But I’ve just heard some very conflicting reviews recently, not sure if it’s worth a stop on our trip or not? Or if there something else we should hit instead… I will include my itinerary for that day below to give an idea of the area we will Be in below.

Monday Sept 3: Driver

1. Grgrich 10am-12pm Bar tasting and Grape Stomping- No Reservation Required

2. Heitz (5min drive) 12:30

3. Pride Mountain (22 min drive) 2:30-4:00 Reservation private cave tasting

--> Possible walk in V. Sattui (have lunch at property)

4 replies to this topic
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
33,347 posts
6,456 reviews
1. Re: Heitz

I would say Heitz is conflicting.

Some people like the small winery

Some people absolutely hate it after visiting.

its just one of those....

I would suggest Cakebread Cellars (3 minute drive)

pr Nickel and Nickel (same area - 3 minute drive)

or Silver Oaks Cellars.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
119 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Heitz

With new ownership, there weren't many reviews about how it's changed. We went there in 2016 when the tasting was free. It was a very small tasting room, where you just crowded around the half-circle bar, standing. My husband was impressed with the expensive bottles we were able to taste.

I didn't think it was anything special, to be honest, besides it being free at the time. There are so many other choices of better experiences in the area. We had a wonderful tasting at Grgich, so enjoy! Sequoia Grove is near there, and has superb wines. I don't think they require reservations and tasting fee was reasonable ($25 range).

Edited: 07 August 2018, 19:20
Level Contributor
39,546 posts
1,021 reviews
3. Re: Heitz

Silver Oak produces some of the nicest Cab in the area. Try to taste at Pine Ridge also if you get a chance. 🍷

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Heitz

If you love Heitz cabernet, keep it in your plan. That's one of the best reasons to visit a winery!

The tasting room is classic, old-fashioned Napa Valley. Heitz wines are extraordinary, even if the tasting room isn't.

Reply to: Heitz
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted