We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

V.Sattui for lunch

B D
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
V.Sattui for lunch

We are going to be in Napa Aug 30-Sept 4th and we’re thinking about stopping for lunch at V.Sattui.. I’ve left about an hour in between to stop.. we aren’t looking to lounge just to be able to possibly sit and eat quick... only asking because I know when we are going will be a busy time, so do y’all think I have allotted enough time?

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
6 replies to this topic
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,681 posts
6,325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: V.Sattui for lunch

It will be very very busy the days you are there

I love V. Sattui on a non busy late fall to early spring day mid week.

The deli is very good.

There is a lot of seating area

but I have a feeling that the parking lot may be full if you arrive at the lunch hour.

Dean and Delucca is nearby and has a good sandwich counter if you decide its too busy - it is also popular but will get you in and out under an hour.

I would first stop at V. Sattui as much nicer picnic grounds,but did want to offer this "bail out" plan.

if it looks too crazy busy.

B D
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: V.Sattui for lunch

thanks so much! we do have a driver, so Im not as worried about parking, figured he can stay in the car and circle? haha!

Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: V.Sattui for lunch

You will not be able to just "sit and eat" quickly. There's always a line at the deli, unless you go during off lunch hours. But if it's right in the afternoon expect to spend some time there

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,538 posts
618 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: V.Sattui for lunch

"so Im not as worried about parking, figured he can stay in the car and circle? haha!"

lol, that won't work.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
8,334 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: V.Sattui for lunch

If you are hiring a local driver for the day, he or she can advise you on logistics better than anyone on this forum and should know how to avoid the most crowded places.

B D
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: V.Sattui for lunch

Thanks, that was really helpful :)

Reply to: V.Sattui for lunch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted