We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help neededfor area locals

Harrisonburg...
Level Contributor
466 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help neededfor area locals

My daughter is at the DLI and having car problems, being that she is young (18yrs) and knows nothing about cars I do not want to see her be taken advantage of. Could someone in the area recommend a good, honest shop for her to call? Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.

Edited: 17 September 2010, 17:11
Harrisonburg...
Level Contributor
466 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help neededfor area locals

Sorry need to learn to proof read----should be titled Help needed from ara locals.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help neededfor area locals

Hi. There is a place on Forest Ave. not far from DLI, that used to be called Forest Hill Auto. They recently changed the name, and I'm out of town and can't go by to check what the new name is, but the address is 1123 Forest Ave. The phone number, if it hasn't also changed, is 831-372-6575. I've had good experiences with them in the past. Hopefully, though, another local will have a more-established relationship with a mechanic or shop that they can recommend.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help neededfor area locals

Tom's Auto on munras in Monterey. Across from Jack in the Box.

AAA shop...........excellent professional service.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help neededfor area locals

Tom's mentioned above is our regular shop, and very competent. I've also had some experience with Forest hill Auto and they, too seem to be good folks.

BTW, your daughter may find some other useful information in my website for future reference. The link is below.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Edited: 20 September 2010, 04:50
Harrisonburg...
Level Contributor
466 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help neededfor area locals

Thank you for being so helpful. Tom I will forward the link to your website.

Monterey, California
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help neededfor area locals

Pacific Motor Service on Franklin just down the hill from DLI (about 8 blocks). They also own Forest Hill Motors (just acquired). Clean shop, honest folks and they will provide shuttle service if your daughter doesn't want to walk back up the hill to DLI

7. Re: Help neededfor area locals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2011, 09:47