We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monterey Restaurants

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Topic
Monterey Restaurants

We'll be in Monterey for 1 night at the Victorian Inn.

Sometimes, especially if it's not a Friday or Saturday night, you can find some nice restaurants that offer discounts on Restaurant.com (fyi...the GCs really only cost about 20-30% of what it says on the site after using readily available coupons for restaurant.com)

Can anyone recommend (or recommend to stay away) any restaurants off the list below?

Carmel would be fine as well as we'll have a car.

restaurant.com/rdc_site2.net/listings.aspx…

Feel free to go "off the board" as well, if you've got a nice restaurant that provides a decent value as well.

Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monterey Restaurants

These are Santa Barbara restaurants...

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Monterey Restaurants

Oops, posted the wrong link before.

Here's the link to the Monterey List.

Level Contributor
34,207 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monterey Restaurants

Pacific's Edge, Red House Cafe, California Market are some of our favorite places in Carmel and Pacific Grove. Looks like a lot of great restaurants are in that book! :)

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,590 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monterey Restaurants

Red House in Pacific Grove, for sure.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Monterey Restaurants

Pacific's Edge looks beautiful, but a little expensive still, especially with 2 kids who probably wouldn't eat whatever is in the $35 entree they each have to order.

California Market isn't open for dinner and not sure we'll be there by lunchtime.

Red House looks interesting and might work.

Any other suggestions too?

Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monterey Restaurants

Grasing's is on you list and it's very good. The others I'd suggest are mentioned above.

A suggestion...I noticed a lot of Mexican restaurants on the coupon list. If you are interested in Mexican, there is a nice place in Pacific Grove with good food, service, etc called Peppers. Very kid friendly too.

www.peppersmexicalicafe.com

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,426 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monterey Restaurants

LOVE Pepper's Mexicali Cafe! It can get really loud in there, though, when the place fills up.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Monterey Restaurants

Ok. I think we'll try Red House.

Thanks all!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monterey Restaurants

I think you'll enjoy Red House. It's a real taste of California, in my opinion. It's small and cozy. There's a small, enclosed back porch you can sit on that has only a few tables, so it can be more private. I love their beet salad, and their soups are always excellent. If it's cauliflower soup, for example, you would swear you're eating fresh cauliflower. Enjoy!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Monterey Restaurants

Had a delicious meal at Red House last night. Very friendly place with a lot of regulars in there.

My roasted chicken had a crispy skin, yet the chicken was really most. We also loved the olive dip with the bread.

Keep suggesting this to others.

Thanks!