We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me more about the city?

Tell me more about the city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 12:42
California
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me more about the city?

Manteca is a "bedroom" community (i.e.: almost everyone commutes to work somewhere else) of 58,000 people. It used to be a tiny farming town, but the farms are rapidly being changed into huge housing developments. There are still a few farms and almond orchards on the edges of town. It's clean, quiet, infinitely safer than Stockton, and fairly boring as far as restaurants and nightlife go. There are a couple of older problem apartment complexes that complain of gang related problems and drugs, but if you found a listing online that would not be one of them. There really aren't any slum type neighborhoods. This whole area of California though, does have a problem with car thefts. Stockton is only 18 miles away, but a rush hour commute may take 45 minutes.

If you tell me what apt. complex you are considering, I can give you more specific information.

Manteca
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me more about the city?

Manteca is hot. Move back to Michigan.

Guadalajara...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me more about the city?

Hi Im glad for you to move in Manteca ca I was living 13 years and i have wonderfull memorys, you have the sierra to the east, and bay area and S.F. the most beautifull city. Manteca is a small town with good fwys. you will find nice people, parks, schools. If fou like night life dont move is very quiet city. you will find good police.When you have chance visit yosemite, sequoia park,lake tahoe, Monterrey. you uill be happy I love Manteca. Remember what you spect is what you will find. Im not native english sorry 4 misstakes and goos luck

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me more about the city?

The original post is over 2 years old. I wonder if they ever moved to Manteca.

California
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me more about the city?

Anyone who has bought a home in Manteca in the last 5+ years is hurting. Home prices have dropped 40-70%. I am actually finding older homes listed at under $100,000, which I have not seen in the last 20 years. Newer homes selling for $480,000 last year are being listed around $250,000 now, and not selling. Apartment prices don't seem to have changed too much. Smaller specialty stores are closing right and left."Mervyns" will be empty in a few days,and we're wondering if the newly opened Circuit City is going to last past the holiday season.

6. Re: Tell me more about the city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2008, 00:20
Get answers to your questions about Manteca