We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to see and do?

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
677 posts
28 reviews
Things to see and do?

Any suggestions for things to see or do while staying in Manteca?

thanks in advance for any replies...

Saint Germain...
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: Things to see and do?

From Manteca you are well located for a trip to Yosemite or up and down highway 49, the gold rush route. Lodi is not too far and is a small wine center.

How does one choose Manteca for a destination?

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
677 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Things to see and do?

This "one" just wanted to know if there WAS anything to see or do in Manteca, I've never been there.

I've read about how it's a decent place to stay on the way to Yosemite but I wondered if you weren't going to Yosemite what would "one" do?

Any decent antiques stores? Restaurants?

Saint Germain...
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
96 reviews
3. Re: Things to see and do?

Manteca is a bedroom community that is growing into a real town, but hasn't got much happening yet. Lots of the folks that live there commute into the bay area for their jobs.

Manteca might be listed as a good place to stop on the way to Yosemite for it's convenience, a couple of hours out of SF, a couple more into Yosemite. If you can drive further, I would recommend Jamestown, Sonora or Groveland for stopovers before heading into Yosemite. They all have some wonderful restaurants, things to do in the evening, shopping, wine tasting... something a little more diverse than Manteca.

4. Re: Things to see and do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 00:47
Get answers to your questions about Manteca